Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Putting it out there....

I saw several people do this post and I thought it would be fitting to go over my weight loss journey so far.


How much I weighed at my heaviest: 233  Wow, that makes me cringe.  I hate to write that number, but it's long gone, so....

This was Memorial Day weekend 2012.  I don't even recognize myself.  When I saw this picture that one of my besties posted on Facebook, it was my 'aha' moment.  I knew right then that I was done being fat.  I had no idea I looked like that, in my head I wasn't that big, but seeing it right there just did it for me.

 
Calories for my favorite meal at Raising Cane's (The Box Combo, which is 4 chicken tenders and fries, a piece of Texas Toast, cole slaw, and one Cane's sauce, along with an extra sauce and a large sweet tea) 1,598.  Holy crap, that's more calories than I eat in a day now!




 

Minutes I spent exercising per week then: 0 sad but true.

So basically I was a couch potato who loved to eat.  I still love to eat, but I eat so much better and am aware of every calorie that goes into my body, and it is all tracked on My Fitness Pal.

So looking forward....

My current weight: 171

 


Me last Friday.  Please excuse the googly eyes, I think I was blinking :)

My goal weight: 145 


Days on this journey: 299

Weight Lost: 62lbs

                                                        September 2012 and April 2013


Minutes I spend exercising per week now: 300

Calories I eat daily (average): 1400

This is the first time I have put my weight on paper for anyone to see and it's somewhat scary, but liberating as well.  Now it's out there, and I have to be accountable.  I will never go back to the place I started.  I have yo-yoed all of my adult life, but this time has been different.  Exercising and watching what I eat are just part of me now.  9 months ago I would dread coming home after work to work out or run, and now (most days) I look forward to it and don't feel that my day is complete until I've gotten my run or workout done.  Each time I get frustrated with small numbers lost or not seeing the progress that I would like, I remind myself, I may have a long way to go, but look how far I've come already.  I'm excited to see where this journey takes me, and it feels great knowing that I did this myself, all by myself, and FOR myself. From here I will just keep on keepin' on and anxiously anticipating the day I make my goal.  Thanks for reading ya'll!

-Court

1 comment: